The undersigned parent or legal guardian (“I” or the “undersigned”) of the minor child identified below (my “Camper”) do hereby give my consent for my Camper to participate in the virtual summer camp program (the “Camp”) being offered by The Center for Aquatic Sciences, Inc. (the “Center”).
I acknowledge that by signing this document I will be bound by the terms and conditions it contains. I also understand that if I choose to submit this document electronically, by placing my name on the document in the signature blank, I am providing my electronic signature. I agree that my electronic signature has the same binding effect as my written signature.
By signing this Consent to Participate and Waiver and Release, I hereby acknowledge and agree on behalf of myself and my Camper as follows:
- I acknowledge and agree that any and all information, materials, and content that are presented in any format or medium by the Center during the Camp are the sole and exclusive property of the Center and that I may not use them for any purpose without the prior written consent of the Center.
- All names, photographs, information, communications, and any other content that I, my Camper or any member of my Camper’s family post, submit to, or publish on an online social media account (e.g., Facebook, Instagram) that such person owns and then links to or otherwise associates with the Camp is hereinafter defined as the “User Materials.” I hereby grant the Center an irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully-paid, transferable, sub-licensable, perpetual, and universe-wide license for the Center to host, store, reproduce, transmit, distribute, sell, resell, license, sublicense, market, modify, adapt, create derivative works, communicate, publish, syndicate, publicly perform, publicly display, archive, and otherwise use and exploit all or any part of such User Materials and any elements and derivatives thereof in any manner, medium, or form, whether now known or hereinafter devised, as the Center sees fit in its sole discretion.
- I acknowledge and agree that I am responsible for obtaining consents to the use of any content that I post, submit to, or publish on any social media account, including content that contains photographs or other images or likenesses of other Camper from such campers’ parents or guardians and agree to indemnify and hold the Center harmless from any and all claims arising out of the posting of such content
- I acknowledge that protecting the privacy of children is of paramount importance. I understand that the Center will use reasonable safeguards including disabling personal chats, using waiting rooms to verify registered families’ access, and requesting that families only list first names and last initial of campers. By participating in the Camp, I acknowledge and agree that I and my family are solely responsible for, and will exercise caution, discretion, common sense, and judgment during virtual meetings to protect the privacy of children.
- I acknowledge that the Center has a zero tolerance policy for bullying. I understand that, at the Center’s discretion, campers will receive an appropriate warning of inappropriate behavior and I may be informed and asked to discuss corrective solutions with my Camper. I also acknowledge and agree that the Center has the right, at its discretion, to excuse my Camper from Camp without a refund in the event my Camper is in repetitive or egregious violation of this policy.
- In consideration of my Camper being permitted to participate in the Camp, and to the maximum extent permitted by law, I, for myself and for my Camper and his or her family, hereby release, discharge, and hold harmless the Center and its officers, directors, employees, and agents from and against, and waive any and all claims for, any and all damages, liabilities, injuries, losses, costs, or expenses arising from or relating to my Camper’s participation in the Camp, the Center’s presentation of the Camp and the programs of the Camp, and any information or materials contained in the programs of the Camp.
- >I acknowledge receipt of handbooks and policies provided by the Center pertaining to the Camp and agree to comply with all of the provisions applicable to parents and guardians and my Camper.