The undersigned parent or legal guardian (“I” or the “undersigned”) of the minor child identified below (my “Student”) do hereby give my consent for my Student to participate in the Teen Marine Science Institute program (the “Institute”) being offered by The Center for Aquatic Sciences, Inc. (the “Center”).
I acknowledge that by signing this document I will be bound by the terms and conditions it contains. I also understand that if I choose to submit this document electronically, by placing my name on the document in the signature blank, I am providing my electronic signature. I agree that my electronic signature has the same binding effect as my written signature.
By signing this Consent to Participate and Waiver and Release, I hereby acknowledge and agree on behalf of myself and my Student as follows:
- I acknowledge and agree that any and all information, materials, and content that are presented in any format or medium by the Center during the Institute are the sole and exclusive property of the Center and that I may not use them for any purpose without the prior written consent of the Center.
- All names, photographs, information, communications, and any other content that I, my Student or any member of my Student’s family post, submit to, or publish on an online social media account (e.g., Facebook, Instagram) that such person owns and then links to or otherwise associates with the Institute is hereinafter defined as the “User Materials.” I hereby grant the Center an irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully-paid, transferable, sub-licensable, perpetual, and universe-wide license for the Center to host, store, reproduce, transmit, distribute, sell, resell, license, sublicense, market, modify, adapt, create derivative works, communicate, publish, syndicate, publicly perform, publicly display, archive, and otherwise use and exploit all or any part of such User Materials and any elements and derivatives thereof in any manner, medium, or form, whether now known or hereinafter devised, as the Center sees fit in its sole discretion.
- I acknowledge and agree that I am responsible for obtaining consents to the use of any content that I post, submit to, or publish on any social media account, including content that contains photographs or other images or likenesses of other Student from such Students’ parents or guardians and agree to indemnify and hold the Center harmless from any and all claims arising out of the posting of such content
- I acknowledge that protecting the privacy of children is of paramount importance. I understand that the Center will use reasonable safeguards including disabling personal chats, using waiting rooms to verify registered families’ access, and requesting that families only list first names and last initial of Students. By participating in the Institute, I acknowledge and agree that I and my family are solely responsible for, and will exercise caution, discretion, common sense, and judgment during virtual meetings to protect the privacy of children.
- I acknowledge that the Center has a zero tolerance policy for bullying. I understand that, at the Center’s discretion, Students will receive an appropriate warning of inappropriate behavior and I may be informed and asked to discuss corrective solutions with my Student. I also acknowledge and agree that the Center has the right, at its discretion, to excuse my Student from the Institute without a refund in the event my Student is in repetitive or egregious violation of this policy.
- In consideration of my Student being permitted to participate in the Institute, and to the maximum extent permitted by law, I, for myself and for my Student and his or her family, hereby release, discharge, and hold harmless the Center and its officers, directors, employees, and agents from and against, and waive any and all claims for, any and all damages, liabilities, injuries, losses, costs, or expenses arising from or relating to my Student’s participation in the Institute, the Center’s presentation of the Institute and the programs of the Institute, and any information or materials contained in the programs of the Institute.
- I acknowledge receipt of handbooks and policies provided by the Center pertaining to the Institute and agree to comply with all of the provisions applicable to parents and guardians and my Student.